Re: [hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready

Dear Lee,

Thank you very much for your patch. Unfortunately I am new to Linux, and I
don't know how to use "patches". If it is not too much, could you please
provide a RPM package for RedHat Linux 7.3
Meanwhile I have checked ATS10=? on my modem with minicom. The result that
I get back from my modem is 000. Shut down faxgetty and HylaFAX and got
same result.
My modem is a USR U.S. Robotics 56K Sportster MessagePlus, flash  and dsp
date 2/13/98, flash and dsp rev. 12.1.12
From the (Italian) user guide of the modem: "S10 defines the amount of
time the modem must wait after loosing carrier signal before hanging.
Default value: 7. With S10=255 the modem will not hang when loosing the
carrier signal, but only when DTR is lowered"
I guess the default value is not properly set on my modem...This does not
look right.
What is the best way to properly set S10 with HylaFAX: ModemWaitTimeCmd or
ModemResetCmds ... or else?
Again, thank you Lee and thanks to the others who write to this mailing
list (ciao Giulio).
Lorenzo.