Re: [hylafax-users] The 2DMR enconding problem ...

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:10:48 -0500, Vlad Popa <vlad.popa@sbg.ac.at> wrote:

>the other. On my home-site I've configured my old external modem with a
>rockwell-chipset in class1-mode. On the other site (office) it is a
>external Class-2 modem which  indentificates as "Connexant" chipset.
conexant = new rockwell's name.

> On both sites faxgetty is activated.
> sending from my home-site (the class-1-modem-type..) to the office
>(Class 2) fails  and gives me this logfile:

>Jul 26 15:11:40.69: [  778]: Document was encoded with 2DMR, but client
>does not
> support this data format

Problem does not depend on HylaFAX version.
If you use a modem in class1, HylaFAX can send in 1D and/or 2D.
If you use a modem in class2/2.0, HylaFAX can send using 1D and/or, if modem firmware
says it's ok, 2D. This is because in class2/2.0 the 2D depends on the modem firmware.

When you send a fax for the first time to a new faxno, HylaFAX will use 1D, and record
on file if the remote end supports 2D. Next time it will use 2D if the previous time
that number said it supported 2D.

So, your error should be temporary, because next time your "sending HylaFAX" will use
1D. Usually, the only way you can encounter the error you mentioned is when at the
remote end you don't find the same faxmodem/faxmachine you found the previous time.

You can force 1D/2D with -1 and -2 sendfax command line params.

--
giulioo@pobox.com