Re: [hylafax-users] The 2DMR enconding problem ...

On 2002.07.29 19:10 Vlad Popa wrote:
> Hi again !
>
> I've got now 2 hylafax-servers running. I want to send faxes from one to
> the other. On my home-site I've configured my old external modem with a
> rockwell-chipset in class1-mode. On the other site (office) it is a
> external Class-2 modem which  indentificates as "Connexant" chipset.
>  On both sites faxgetty is activated.
>  sending from my home-site (the class-1-modem-type..) to the office
> (Class 2) fails  and gives me this logfile:

> Jul 26 15:11:40.69: [  778]: Document was encoded with 2DMR, but client
> does not
>  support this data format

> where and how do I activate on both sites support for the 2DMR format ?
>
> The document was sent by the sendfax -n  -d NUMBER file.txt command,
> postscript failed also !
>
> I have on both sites debian potato running and both faxservers are
> compiled  from source, version 4.1.1.
>
> So, if this is fixed in the latest version (being now 4.1.3)  I'll
> upgrade, but I think I could put a specific line to my config.ttyS1 and
> get along with a patched 4.1.1., now that it is running .
> But WHICH line ?

You could send using 1D via:

'sendfax -1 -n -d NUMBER file.txt'

If your Class 2 Connexant modem doesn't support 2D-MR, then I would
recommend reconfiguring it as Class 1 because HylaFAX supports 1D and
2D-MR in Class 1.

There's nothing HylaFAX can do to "fix" this... although I can't say why
your sending server is even trying to send in 2D in the first place.  And
even when it does do this, it should revert to 1D and retry.