Re: [hylafax-users] Mac OS X configure / libstdc++

Ok people, before this escalates, and as I believe I was the first OSX
porter of HylaFax with many thanks to Lee and Jay for their assistance...

The stock apple cc (re-badged gcc) was used for all development and porting
work.

Cyril, please provide the output of the following:

which cc
`which cc` -v
uname -a

This is the output from my system:

localhost:/Volumes/iwork/imovie work] gloucks% which cc
/usr/bin/cc
[localhost:/Volumes/iwork/imovie work] gloucks% `which cc` -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/2.95.2/specs
Apple Computer, Inc. version gcc-932.1, based on gcc version 2.95.2
19991024 (release)
[localhost:/Volumes/iwork/imovie work] gloucks% uname -a
Darwin localhost 5.5 Darwin Kernel Version 5.5: Thu May 30 14:51:26 PDT
2002; root:xnu/xnu-201.42.3.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc
[localhost:/Volumes/iwork/imovie work] gloucks%

This will tell us how your system is configured. Are you using the UFS
partition or a UFS read write disk image? This is a must do for OS X
porting. The legacy code expects case sensitivity, and is not tolerant of
HFS/HFS+'s case insensitivity. Which version of the code base are you
working from?

Can you provide a log or more detail of the problem, I take it the
developer tools are installed. *****ALSO***** I have not tested this
against the beta development tools of gcc v3.x, so I strongly recommend not
using them, this could introduce extensive issues.

Let me know at which step of the FAQ things fall apart at, and we will try
to work from that point. So far we are 3/4 on success ports, one left as
they did not have support, so I would like to see the numbers be 4/5, makes
the percentages look better #;^}.

Cheers,

Guy