Re: [hylafax-users] Small typeface faxing from filepro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giulio Orsero" <giulioo@pobox.com>
To: <hylafax-users@hylafax.org>
Cc: <filepro-list@seaslug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 6:06 AM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Small typeface faxing from filepro

> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:00:26 -0400, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 05:28:26PM -0400, wvaughan wrote:
> >> We have a report that we really like the layout of, and would like to
fax
> >> the form using hylafax instead of printing it on paper.
> >> Currently we are printing the detail lines of the
> >> report using 16.6 CPI PCL codes, and the headers and footers at 10
CPI.

> >> However, my hylafax skillset limits me to only one size AFAIK.
> >>
> >> Does anyone who faxes filepro reports using hylafax, change point
sizes in the
> >> middle of the fax? How did you encode the changes?
> Use a perl script to substitute the pcl commands for 16.6 and 10 with
> enscript escape sequences.
> ie:
> ^@font{CourierBold@11.85}  80cars/row (10cpi)
> ^@font{CourierBold@6.97/11} 136cars/row

if hylafax takes PS, and enscript has embeddable control codes like above,
then I would do this:

make a "enscript" print code table with the above codes in it

then use code like this to send a fax and have a decent amount of ability
to re-use your existing forms, and it shouldn't be too hard to work into
your existing printing/faxing routines. (gosub or call table)

aa = <phone number>
printer type "enscript"
printer "|enscript |hylafax" < phone_number
form "your_form"

In fact, not only would I do this, but now that I see it here, I will.
Thanks for the clue :)

note: I don't know any enscript or hylafax command line options so this is
an idea, not a actual example. you may have to use a temp file instead of
pipes, and hylafax's fax submitter is probably something like "sendfax"
not "hylafax".

Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani