Re: [hylafax-users] Query about multi-modem fax server

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:18:49AM -0400, Joe Matuscak wrote:
> > I like the MT's but they're Class 2 only, which doesn't take advantages
> > of a bunch of recent Class 1 upgrade work on the software.
>
> FWIW, The MT5600ZDX and MT5634ZPX-PCI-NV do class 1. I've used both of
> them with Hylafax (in class 1) quite happily.

Indeed?  I'd thought we'd discovered that they did not.  Apologies.

> > I'd surely love to find an industrial grade faxmodem that does 33.6 and
>
> Is that class 1.0?   The Multitech V.92 PCI card claims: "Class 1.0 and
> Class 2.1 faxing at speeds to V.34/33.6K bps (Super G3)".  I have no clue
> if that's similar or not.

No, it's V92.

Class X.Y refer to the interface between the modem and the fax
software.

The Group stuff and the V. stuff refer to fax format encoding, and
modem line characteristics, respectively.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")