Re: [hylafax-users] Query about multi-modem fax server

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> > (3) Finally, I am posting this message in this manner so
> > that I can avoid posting a bunch of "help help help"
> > messages later. I would please like to get suggestions on
> > modems that work with multiport cards. I have read that
> > Multitech 2834ZDX modems work with the Cyclades 8Y0 card.
>
> I like the MT's but they're Class 2 only, which doesn't take advantages
> of a bunch of recent Class 1 upgrade work on the software.

FWIW, The MT5600ZDX and MT5634ZPX-PCI-NV do class 1. I've used both of
them with Hylafax (in class 1) quite happily.

> I'd surely love to find an industrial grade faxmodem that does 33.6 and

Is that class 1.0?   The Multitech V.92 PCI card claims: "Class 1.0 and
Class 2.1 faxing at speeds to V.34/33.6K bps (Super G3)".  I have no clue
if that's similar or not.

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation
717 Seville Road