[hylafax-users] Installation of 4.1

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:11:55 +0100
From: Malcolm Candlish <bm@candlish.uklinux.net>
To: Pedro Rocadas <procadas@yahoo.com>
Cc: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Installation of 4.1

Dear Pedro,

After sending you my last mail I edited the faxgetty line substituting 'usr' for 'var' and faxstat at last recognises my modem. For this I thank you.

I have of course read the 'How To', but it appears very poorly presented and written. It is difficult to follow, seemingly lacking fluency. For instance, I am about to set up 'Client Access' with /etc/hosts on the default localhost 127.0.0.1 and 'hosts.hfaxd' also. The information here is incomplete and inconclusive for the preparation of a particular function. I still cannot run sendfax and can only assume as indicated that the default /etc/hosts will work in default mode. However, now via 'sendfax', I get 'localhost : unknown host'.

In the happy event of this program successfully working, perhaps we could make a better job of it ourselves. I only hope you were not involved with this last 'HowTo'; surely not!

However, no more carping from me, for I must thank you for helping to get the server side working effectively.

Best wishes & thank you for your time and trouble,

Malcolm Candlish.