Re: [hylafax-users] Installation of 4.1

--- Malcolm Candlish <bm@candlish.uklinux.net> wrote:
> Dear Pedro,
>
> Thank you for your communication.
>
> I ran 'faxaddmodem' as you suggested and all seemed
> to go smoothly. at the end it stated:-
> saving current file as
> /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS1.sav
> Checking ..  for consistency ... everything looks
> OK.

As should be.

> Don't forget to run faxmodem or configure init to
> run faxgetty on ttyS1
>
> The faxgetty line in /etc/inittab is as follows:-
> t1:23:respawn:/var/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1
<----Incorrect

Should be t1:23:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1 (Red
Hat speaking)

> There appears to be no directory for /var/sbin at
> all!

And you're right. Be honest, did you read *carefully*
the howtos? I'm not using Mandrake but if you run
"find /usr -name faxgetty" in the console you will see
where is faxgetty. Probably under /usr/sbin.

> faxstat states as follows:-
> HylaFAX scheduler on localhost.localdomain: Running

And is running well. Only modem are not stated.

> Thank you for your interest, I am really very
> gratefull for your kind help

Cheers.