Re: [hylafax-users] RFD - Business form overlays/merging

A Dilluns 13 Maig 2002 17:54, Darren Nickerson va escriure:
> I'd like to consider adding an important feature to HylaFAX . . . the
> ability to handle forms & templates. Take, for example, a PO (Purchase
> Order) system, which routinely overlays simple ASCII (database-generated)
> on top of a PO form. Or perhaps the PO form is dynamically generated, it
> depends upon the company how they have done this historically. Another
> example is trade confirmations from a brokerage, or airline travel
> reservation confirmations. High-volume, always on the same small subset of
> templates. Most commercial fax software packages have native support for
> doing this, just as they have native support for the generation of custom
> coverpages (it's a very similar problem).

I don't know if it helps:

I use lout:
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/lout/lout.php
to generate postscript pages that are piped to sendfax, maybe you can talk to
Jeff Kingston, and build a "form sistem" with lout that can merge data sent
in a xml format.
So you have a hylafax server on unix, a "form" server in unix, and you send
plain xml which will include the form name, destination, and all the fields
for that form.

Adam