[hylafax-users] ProbeModem returns Input/Output error

RedHat 7.3

HylaFAX version 4.1.1

U.S. Robotics Modem model 5686 (firmware not upgraded to V.92)

When running faxsetup, after confirming the Country code, Area Code, etc; I am told:

Probing for best speed to talk to modem:

Unable to deduce DTE-DCE speed; check that you are using the

correct device and/or that your modem is setup properly.  If

all else fails, try the -s option to lock the speed.

When running faxaddmodem –s 38400 ttys1 I get this:

Using user-specified 38400 to talk to modem.

/dev/ttys1: Input/output error

/dev/ttys1: Input/output error

/usr/sbin/faxaddmodem: /dev/ttys1: Input/output error

/usr/sbin/faxaddmodem: /dev/ttys1: Input/output error

/usr/sbin/faxaddmodem: /dev/ttys1: Input/output error

/usr/sbin/faxaddmodem: kill: (17760) - No such pid

/usr/sbin/faxaddmodem: /tmp/.faxaddmodem17712/addmodem17712: No such file or directory

/usr/sbin/faxaddmodem: /tmp/.faxaddmodem17712/addmodem17712: No such file or directory

There was no response from the modem.  Perhaps the modem is

turned off or the cable between the modem and host is not

connected.  Please check the modem and hit a carriage return

when you are ready to try again:

The connection to modem works via minicom at 38400 and other speeds.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric Crosby

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions