Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax setup problems.

--- "Deshmukh, Amol (Cognizant)"
<DAmol@pun.cognizant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am trying to setup HylaFAX on RedHat Linux 7.1.
>
> I follow foll sequence of steps:
>
> 1. faxaddmodem ttyS0
> <followed by the usual settings, all defaults
> selected>
> 2. The program decides that the optimum speed for
> the modem is 33.4K
> 3. Next it asks to choose between Class 1 and 2....
> choosen 2

2 don't means that is better. Choose Class1.

> (i'm going to test only fax sending)
> 4. faxsetup

Well, usually I run faxsetup first...

> 5. now when I do faxstat, I get a single liner
> reply:
> "HylaFAX scheduler is running" (or something like
> that)
>
> however as per the instructions on the wen-site, i'm
> expecting
> another line saying something like "Modem is
> running" as well,
> it never shows up.

and it's correct because you miss a step that is
adviced during faxaddmodem operation, add a line in
/etc/inittab to call faxgetty.

> 6. when I do: sendfax -n -d /etc/passwd,
> the fax gets queued, but the modem is not dialled.

Read above.