Re: [hylafax-users] Some TIFF's have bad pages

At 08:32 AM 4/26/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> > the other side resending the page or Hylafax dropping that page? What is
> > the expected behavior of Hylafax in this type of situation?
>
>i am no expert for the fax protocoll, but AFAIK error correction
>is not mandatory and not implemented by every fax machine out there.
>So many faxes go with error correction.
>I do not know how hylafax detects errors and how it reacts on
>detected errors. This also depends on the protocoll and how the protocol
>is implemented on the other side. AFAIK the sender just drops the line
>and tries again some minutes later.

That is what I had gathered from this list. However, I was looking (and
still am) for supporting documentation though because I've been told that
"this didn't happen before Hylafax." So, I'm in the situation where the
users believe the problem is either Hylafax or the Multitech modem cards.

Anyway, thanks!

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
UNIX and Network Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
PGP Key available at http://www.us.pgp.net
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams