Re: [hylafax-users] Login failed: 550 Cannot set privileges

Hi, thanks for looking at my problem.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 08:31:43AM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> On 2002.04.18 06:50 John wrote:
> > Just setting up hylafax for the first time, on a FreeBSD-4.5-STABLE box
> >
> > had a few teething problems I managed to iron out by looking at the
> > how-to
> > and this list:) now it appears to send and receive OK.
> >
> > Anyhow, i'm receiving faxes fine, but they aren't appearing in
> > /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/ . Also when I use faxstat
> >
> > ying# faxstat
> > Login failed: 550 Cannot set privileges.
> >
> > I have done a search for this error, can't find any matches. Can anyone
> > please give me some pointers where I'm going wrong?
>
> 'man hosts.hfaxd'
>
> Look at the contents of /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd

okey

Before, I just had the following for hosts.hfaxd:

localhost
127.0.0.1

Now I have (after running faxadduser):

localhost
127.0.0.1
jfm:1000:CdYMPcdzLqVqM:pwfuc8g2cfp32

However, I still get:

bash-2.05a$ faxstat
Login failed: 530 User jfm access denied.

The perms on hosts.hfax are 0600 and the file is owned by uucp which on
here is a synonym for fax. The user fax is defined.

I'm still drawing a blank. Any more clues/pointers?

(btw if i manage to get this going, i *will* write a how-to for this
platform!!!!)
--
John - jfm@reiteration.net - http://www.reiteration.net/~jfm
For PGP public key finger jfm@reiteration.net or see webpage