Re: [hylafax-users] Correct modem setup for CID/DAD info?

> > Apr 17 15:19:47 test FaxGetty[2184]: --> [20:RING CID:  DAD: 2077]
> > Apr 17 15:19:52 test FaxGetty[2184]: MODEM TIMEOUT: reading line from
> > modem
>
> Most/some modems have multiple ways to enable caller-ID support:
>
> You need to have it "formatted".

It's the EICON DIVA 2FX.

I've tried.  The manual metions four ways to give CID information - (see
below), either with the RING data or the CONNECT data.   Now for
compatibility reasons, they do not do it on fax connects, so I can only get
the information with the RING.   The two options for RING *both* seem to
insert it on the same line.  CID=15 seems to be the best one, but guess
what, it gives ERROR !    I guess hacking faxgetty is the way to go, then.

From the manual:
-- begin cut --
AT #CID=<n>            - Sets CID mode. The TTY indicates the origination
(CID)
                         and destination (DAD) number in the RING and/or
                         CONNECT message. This enables a server application
for
                         example to forward incoming calls directly to their
                         destination.
                         n=0    No CID indication
                         n=1    CID indication in RING message
                         n=2    CID indication in CONNECT message
                         n=3    CID indication in RING and in CONNECT
messages
                         n=5    CID and DAD indication in RING message
                         n=6    CID and DAD indication in CONNECT message
                         n=7    CID and DAD indication in RING and in
CONNECT
                                messages
                         n=9    Use an 'mgetty' friendly format for CID
                                indication in RING message
                         n=15   Use an 'mgetty' friendly format for CID and
                                DAD indication in RING message

                         By default CID (or Calling Party Number)
                         is indicated as:
                           RING CID: <number>
                           CONNECT ... CID: <number>
                           If a national call is indicated, '0' is inserted
                           in front of the number.
                           If an international call is indicated, '00' is
                           inserted in front of the number.
                         DAD (Destination Address) is indicated as:
                           RING DAD: <number>
                           CONNECT ... DAD: <number>

                         If the 'mgetty' friendly format is used, CID
                         is indicated as:
                           RING;CID
                         DAD (Destination Address) is indicated as:
                           RING;CID;DAD

                         If calling party or destination sub-addresses are
                         present, they are separated by '/' from the called
                         party number or the destination address.
                         For example, the calling party number 800,
                         calling party sub-address 900, destination
                         address 400, destination sub-Address 500 are
                         presented as:
                         RING CID: 800/900 DAD: 400/500
                         or
                         RING;800/900;400/500