Re: [hylafax-users] What happens to faxes that fail the PercentGoodLines test?

At 10:53 PM 4/2/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>>I realize there is an obvious trade-off here.
>
>If there is a problem with HylaFAX it is that it expects the sender's fax
>to make use of RTN, so it deletes the corrupt page and expects a
>replacement to come.  The problem with that assumption is that some
>senders out there don't make use of our RTN signal.

So it is possible that Hylafax will delete a corrupt page and the sender
will never know? Taking this to the worst case, if a one page fax is sent
then we could miss the entire fax and the sender wouldn't be aware of this?
Does this happen even if the receiving fax were a stand-alone machine
rather than Hylafax? Basically, if the sending fax machine ignores RTN then
shame on them? By the way, Hylafax is an excellent application and we like
it a lot. I just want to make sure we totally understand its behavior in
this situation.

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
UNIX and Network Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
PGP Key available at http://www.us.pgp.net
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams