From: procadas@creditus.pt
To: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 11:30 PM
Subject: [hylafax-users] Ideas to avoid use of printer driver?

People, forgive me but I couldn't find a better subject so here is the
explanation: if a outgoing fax fails the user receive a notification by
email as you know, but I modified the notify.awk script to attach the fax
so the users only nedeed resend the file, in this case, from windows using
WHFC. The users "print" the fax from ghostview (for windows) and here
resides the problem, the postscript driver is used and the file is
formatted to postscript again and loose quality. I guess that WHFC don't
use the driver if the file is stored locally, but this increase the
complexity. You need samba, need distintion for user/jobs, etc, etc. The
best way is adding some code to WHFC of course, impossible due my
background in windows programming(zero), our find another way. I tought in
embedding gnu-hylafax in some web form or something...more good ideas,
please. Cheers

Pedro Roçadas (procadas@creditus.pt)
Dptº Informática,BPN-Créditus Technical Staff