Re: [hylafax-users] How-to configure the HylaFAX server to accept remote prints

Hi Jim,
We have been using DGUX and hylafax for about 4 years using fax/mail
gateways. This is simple and should not require any upgrades. This uses
sendmail to pass the job onto the hylafax server and visa versa.
Basically on your DG box you define a printer and then in the printer
interface script change this to just do:
echo "$@" | {
      read job user f1 priority phone file
eval $phone
eval $priority
      {
	cat $file
      } | /usr/bin/mailx -s "$phone $priority" hylafax@hyla
<mailto:hylafax@hyla>
   }

exit_code=0
exit

In /etc/hosts you need to tell the DG where to find your hyla (linux)

Set up a user hylafax on hyla as per normal .

In /etc/aliases on hyla set up the following redirects:
# Person who should get root's mail. I use this to send back to
#DG the failed faxes.
root:           |some_script_to_format_the_return_mail_from_hylafax
faxfail:        a_valid_user_on_DG

# alias for notification messages from HylaFAX servers
FaxMaster:      root
hylafax:        |script_to_format_the_fax_and_call_sendfax

Don't forget to run newaliases.
You may need to edit sendmail.cf (if you don't have experience in this then
be careful).
This is a quick overview but should get you started.

Regards,

Rodney Tinsley
rod.tinsley@maynegroup.com <mailto:rod.tinsley@maynegroup.com>