Re: [hylafax-users] Receive Errors

On 2002.03.18 13:10 Bernd Proissl wrote:

> > Where on the web site?
>
> http://www.hylafax.org/toc.php
> http://www.hylafax.org/class1.php
> http://www.hylafax.org/class2.php
> http://www.hylafax.org/class2.0.php

Efforts have already been made over the past days, weeks, and months to
alter these files to eliminate any bias against Class 1 and for Class
2/2.0.  I don't believe that there is information in these documents which
is commonly considered untrue today.  (Correct me, though, if I'm wrong.)
These documents do, however, spend a disproportionate amount of time
warning of possible problems with Class 1 that aren't likely to ever be an
issue for anyone these days, but I don't believe that the information is
incorrect.

However, I think that Sam was just trying to be cautious and verbose.
Notice that he casts as much doubt (if not more) upon Class 2 and Class
2.0 functionality as he does on Class 1.  I think that this was basically
a general caveat for HylaFAX... i.e., he didn't want anyone to assume that
HylaFAX should work for them.

I think that these days we tend to say, "HylaFAX should work for you",
rather than the other - which is where the difference is.  It would be my
suggestion to remove all outdated web documents from the website, but
there is just simply too much valuable information there (if it is
understood under the "it's old" context) to do that.