Re: [hylafax-users] Receive Errors

> There is no approved modem list any more, that I know of.  To which
> document do you refer?  I will have it zapped immediately.

http://www.hylafax.org/modems.php
http://www.hylafax.org/Modems/

In particular, the Multitech was chosen because the document says "If you
are selecting a modem to use with this software you will do best if you
use one of the recommended Class 2 or Class 2.0 modems; rather than a
Class 1 modem."

> > 	Multi-Tech MT1432, MT224BA, and MT1932ZDX modems
> > 		Class 1:   No
> > 		Class 2:   Yes
> > 		Class 2.0: No
>
> If the modem is capable of Class 1, by all means PLEASE use it.

Well, I changed it and it seems to work.  I'll let you know if I have any
problems.

> There are two patches from 4.1 to 4.1.1 which directly influence Class 1
> protocol (the Class1*WaitCmd and the Class1SendMsgDelay patches).  If you
> experience frequent MPS/EOP errors in 4.1, these will likely help.

Okay, thanks.

--
Geoff Silver					<geoff at uslinux dot net>
"If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed...