Re: [hylafax-users] Receive Errors

On 2002.03.12 15:07 Geoff Silver wrote:
> > Well, you're using Class 2.  Stop that.
>
> No, I won't stop that :-)  According to the approved modem list, it's
> only
> supported in Class 2 mode.

There is no approved modem list any more, that I know of.  To which
document do you refer?  I will have it zapped immediately.

> 	Multi-Tech MT1432, MT224BA, and MT1932ZDX modems
> 		Class 1:   No
> 		Class 2:   Yes
> 		Class 2.0: No
>
> I can certainly *try* Class 1, if you think it will help.

If the modem is capable of Class 1, by all means PLEASE use it.

> > Re-run faxaddmodem and pick Class 1.  Upgrading to 4.1.1 would also
> > probably do some good, but I don't know how hard it is to update a .deb
> > binary.
>
> If the Debian patches merge, it's easy.  Otherwise, it's a PITA.  I hate
> to get the system out of sync with the official mirror, though, unless it
> will definitely help.

There are two patches from 4.1 to 4.1.1 which directly influence Class 1
protocol (the Class1*WaitCmd and the Class1SendMsgDelay patches).  If you
experience frequent MPS/EOP errors in 4.1, these will likely help.