Re: [hylafax-users] faxing big documents

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:59:22PM -0500, Paul Chvostek wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 06:40:18AM -0500, Yan Seiner wrote:
> > Big as in 11x17", not many pages.  Is anyone aware of the state of the
> > technology?  Can it be done?  If so, how?
> >
> > I just had a client drop a major project on us - at 5PM on Thursday, and
> > we have to have the design drawings to Washington, DC by Monday AM.  If
> > I can fax them, that gives us the weekend to work on it, so please let
> > me know ASAP.
>
> Fax is perhaps not the ideal medium for production-quality graphics.  ;)
> I have never seen a dedicated fax machine that was capable of handling
> pages wider than 8.5 inches.

I have.  They're *stunningly* expensive.

Like $10k+.

> If you really need to get an 11x17 document to another city overnight,
> your best bet is probably to email somebody a postscript file which can
> be taken to a service bureau in the recipient's home town and printed.

That's how *I'd* do it.  Or, I think, Kinko's will set you up on
this...

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")