Re: [hylafax-users] faxing big documents

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 06:40:18AM -0500, Yan Seiner wrote:

> Big as in 11x17", not many pages.  Is anyone aware of the state of the
> technology?  Can it be done?  If so, how?
>
> I just had a client drop a major project on us - at 5PM on Thursday, and
> we have to have the design drawings to Washington, DC by Monday AM.  If
> I can fax them, that gives us the weekend to work on it, so please let
> me know ASAP.

Fax is perhaps not the ideal medium for production-quality graphics.  ;)
I have never seen a dedicated fax machine that was capable of handling
pages wider than 8.5 inches.

If you really need to get an 11x17 document to another city overnight,
your best bet is probably to email somebody a postscript file which can
be taken to a service bureau in the recipient's home town and printed.

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul@it.ca>
  Operations / Development / Abuse / Whatever       vox: +1 416 598-0000