[hylafax-users] Tantalizingly close to working (getting getty spawned corectly)

I've got a FreebSD STABLE machine that I'm building to replace a HP-UX
machine as my faxserver. Yhe new machien has a Courier V.everything modem,
and I need inbound/outbound fax, inbound/outboud data on thei one modem/

Here is where I am. The faxseup script installed a generic calss 2.0 config
file, and this did not work. A helpful list memebr recomended seting the AT
command delay to 100msec. I did this and replaced the config file that
faxsetup had selected with one for a Courier clas 2.0 modem.

This made things much much better. Now I can send and recieve faxes.

The remaining problem is incoming data connections. This modem supports
adaptive answer, and that is  working, and faxgetty is trying to spawn a
system getty on port caaa1 (the one I'm using for this), after the modem
finishes negotiating the speed et all. However so far all I'm getting at
this point is hangups and error messages from getty.

Can abyone tell me how to invokes *as in wgat arguments etc) getty on
FreeBSD to acomplish this? Do I need a special gettytab entry?

It lloked to me like the arguments "A %l" wich trnslates to "A cuaa1" at
run time should work. A should be an autobaud entry in gettytabs, if I read
it coerclty.

Could hter be an issue with getty not seeing DTR, or DCD or sinehitng?

Does anyone have this woring on FreeBSD?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.