Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX and gcc 3.0.x

At 13:32 30/10/01 +0100, Robert Urban wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've seen in this archive that there are apparently problems using
>gcc 3.0.x to compile HylaFAX.

Yes the current codebase needs a small amount of work.  From memory the
main problems are in a couple of places a few const's are reassigned(i
can't believe this previously worked!), which can be easily fixed by
removing the const from the definition and treating them just as static.

>I just spent about a day compiling gcc 3.0.2 on my 175 MHz alpha.  I'm
>not really looking forward to compiling a pre-3.0 version.
>
>What is the prognosis for being able to use gcc 3.0.x? soon, later, or never?
>If I indeed must go back to a pre-3.0 gcc, what is the recommended
>version?

When gcc 3.0 came out i tried to get it working on HP-UX 11, but could not
get the compiler to build properly from source, and the binary versions
available for that platform for some reason did not seem to work with C++
source(was fine to compile regular C programs).

The patch is almost done i just need a working gcc-3.0 compiler to test it
with.

  - Robert