Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax doesn't send faxes

At 06:51 PM 10/28/01 -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>As for faxgetty itself, while it is not *necessary* in a send only
>environment, running it makes diagnosing problems substantially easier,
>and it is considered the recommended approach these days, even though
>the documentation hasn't caught up yet.

It is documented as of the 4.1 release.  (My doing.)

From 'man faxq':

       faxq  may  be  run by itself to provide outbound-only ser­
       vices  or  it  may  be  run  together  with  one  or  more
       faxgetty(8C)  processes,  in  which  case inbound services
       (e.g. receiving facsimile) are provided.  When faxq is run
       by  itself  the  set of available modems must be specified
       using the faxmodem(8C) command.  Each modem  specified  in
       this way is assumed to exist and to be capable of use as a
       facsimile modem.  When faxq is  run  in  conjunction  with
       faxgetty processes, it is not necessary to use faxmodem to
       specify modems; instead the programs communicate  informa­
       tion about the status and capabilities of each modem.  The
       latter setup provides a more robust  and  powerful  system
       and is the intended way for the software to operate.