Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax doesn't send faxes

Lee Howard wrote:

> At 06:35 AM 10/29/01 +1000, Paul Gear wrote:
>
> >Where should i start looking for clues as to what has gone wrong?
>
> I'm guessing that you're not running faxgetty and that you're using your
> USR modem in Class 2.0.
>
> Both of those are no-nos.

My understanding is that faxgetty is only used for receiving and is not
used in a send-only environment.

Also, i read the info about USR modems & class 2.0, and it didn't seem
to apply to my firmware level (the modem is an old 14400).  Was that the
issue you were referring to?

I just tried faxmodem followed by faxstate, and it gave the error
message: "FIFO.ttyS3: open: No such device or address".  However, i was
then able to send a fax.  Do i have run faxmodem every time i restart
HF?  What is the meaning of the faxstate error message?  There is a
FIFO.ttyS3 in /var/spool/hylafax.

Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net