[hylafax-users] HylaFax Gateway Setup Under Netscape Messaging

Hello,

I am new to HylaFax and I am using Netscape Messaging Server v4.15.  I
believe I have a handle on the inbound fax issues (faxrcvd, faxrcvd-mail
via tiff, etc.,).

I am trying to figure out how to get the system to send outbound fax.  I
was poking around the mailing list archive and noticed that Roger (see
email snippet below) had the same issue back in 1999 for Messaging
Server v3.5.  I could not find an answer to Roger's question in the
mailing list.  Do either of you know if the question was ever answered
or any solution suggested?  I am sure I can adapt those options to my
situation.

Also, in looking at other fax server packages (e.g., Fax2Mail, VisiFax4,
etc.,) it appears that they have implemented a daemon or host as a fax
gateway that accepts outbound fax mail as either an SMTP agent or as
another MTA and it manages the process of getting the message into the
fax server.

I am not complaining, but is there a similar utility in HylaFax that
does this for me, or am I creating/building my own email-to-fax gateway
using the HylaFax software?

Thanks for any assist either of you can give.

Roger Kennedy's Email:
gateway setup under Netscape Messaging