Re: [hylafax-users] Dial 9 prefix and Toronto 416 10-digit/905 area coderules

To dial a prefix 9 I use the following line as the last entry in the
DialString rules in the configuration file: /var/spool/fax/etc/dialrules

^.*$            = 9,&           ! ojw0000 dial 9 first

DialString := [
!... - other rules
^.*$            = 9,&           ! ojw0000 dial 9 first
]

On a related note (this will be of use to only a few people), here are
long distance dialing rules for the 416 10-digit dialing area code
(Toronto).  Rules for 905 are tricky.
I require from the users that they input numbers in the form +1AAAEEE1234
except for the 905 area code which can be specified with or without +1.
Maybe someday when I figure out these dialrules I won't require the +1.

DialString := [
[-${WS}.]+                =                        ! strip syntactic sugar
[abcABC]                = 2                        ! these convert alpha
to numbers
[defDEF]                = 3
[ghiGHI]                = 4
[jklJKL]                = 5
[mnoMNO]                = 6
[prsPRS]                = 7
[tuvTUV]                = 8
[wxyWXY]                = 9
^[+]${LDPrefix}${Area}        = ${Area}        ! ojw0000 remove long
distance 1 for local area code
^[+]${LDPrefix}647        = 647                ! ojw0000 other local area
code in Toronto
^[+]1905        = 905                ! ojw0000 tricky semi-local area code
! ojw0001 some of the 905 exchanges which are long distance
^905227        = 1905227
^905332        = 1905332
^905336        = 1905336
^905354        = 1905354
^905355        = 1905355
^905356        = 1905356
^905372        = 1905372
^905374        = 1905374
^905388        = 1905388
^905436        = 1905436
^905468        = 1905468
^905473        = 1905473
^905478        = 1905478
^905522        = 1905522
^905540        = 1905540
^905563        = 1905563
^905573        = 1905573
^905628        = 1905628
^905631        = 1905631
^905632        = 1905632
^905634        = 1905634
^905639        = 1905639
^905643        = 1905643
^905648        = 1905648
^905668        = 1905668
^905684        = 1905684
^905685        = 1905685
^905689        = 1905689
^905715        = 1905715
^905722        = 1905722
^905723        = 1905723
^905732        = 1905732
^905774        = 1905774
^905765        = 1905765
^905775        = 1905775
^905834        = 1905834
^905836        = 1905836
^905853        = 1905853
^905871        = 1905871
^905885        = 1905885
^905892        = 1905892
^905898        = 1905898
^905945        = 1905945
^905957        = 1905957
^905985        = 1905985
^[+]${Country}                = ${LDPrefix}                ! long distance
call
^[+]                        = ${IDPrefix}                ! international
call
^.*$                = 9,&                ! ojw0000 dial 9 first
]

Bing Zhang <bzhang@sohar.com>
Sent by: hylafax-users-bounce@hylafax.org