[hylafax-users] Random RTN errors

According to Bernd Proissl hints,
 because of random RTN errors, and complaints from recipients when they
receive many  times the same fax,
I tried to install a ELSA Microlink 56k Fun instead of a USR FaxModem 56k
 on a Suse 6.3 with HylaFax 4.01 beta 2.
 In Class 2, bad results (somes faxes are crunched and unreadable)
 In Class 1, same result as USR FaxModem... (got RTN errors, with the
same    recipients...)
 - On a developpement machine, I installed Suse 7.0
 - I removed the installed Hylafax server (4.0.1 beta 2) (rpm -e
hylafax...)
 - I installed HF binary version 4.0.1 beta 3 found yesterday on ftp
Hylafax server.
 - But when rebooting, HF complains that it doesn't find libjpeg.so.6
 - I Found a libjpeg.so.62 (link) and libjpeg.so.62.0.0 (real SO file) in
/usr/lib on this machine...
 - I made a link (libjpeg.so.6) on libjpeg.so.62.0.0 and i started HF
again ...
 - HF doesn't complain anymore, and version is 4.0.1 beta 3.
 - I cannot test the modem behaviour, for i've not one on this box.
 - i saw the RTNHandlingMethod in man config, and i'll try it.

Questions :
 is this not a bit tricky ?
 Is libjpeg.so.62.0.0 compatible with libjpeg.so.6.0.0 ?
 Is Suse HF binary version 7 usable ?
 Next Monday , i'll do tests on my customer's site.

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions...

c.devise		c.devise@wanadoo.fr