Re: [hylafax-users] modem cannot be detect automatically

Thanks a lot , Lee

;; Lee = Lee Howard <faxguy@deanox.com>

Lee> In any case, if it *does* fax, you'll need to contstruct the config.<devid>
Lee> file by hand and place it into the /var/spool/fax/etc/ directory.

I think it is fax modem, but honest to say, I can be use differnt
driver for linux.
The vendor provide us the drivers by cd-rom, there are two types of
drivers.
One is for normal linux driver, the other is for "Vine Linux 2.0".

I use Vine Linux 2.1.5 (that is the major distribution in Japan), so I
tried Vine Linux 2.0 driver first.
But I had unsolved module problems, and I could not install it.
Then I tried normal driver, and could install it.

I will ask the vendor that new version of driver for Vine Linux 2.1.5
is avairable.

Lee> You may want to check at http://www.linmodems.org for a better driver.

OK. I try.

--