[hylafax-users] hylafax-4.1beta2 and viewing on windows

OS= FreeBSD 4.2-Stable
Client= WHFC
hylafax-4.1beta2 (ports collection)

I'm having *a hard time* trying to view a fax received through HylaFAX on
windows-98... I can't.
The 'faxrcvd' command sends a mail message to a well known user, the FaxMaster,
as described on  http://www.hylafax.org/howto/delivery.php#ss4.1
however, I assume I need 'ftpd' running (no 'ftpd' running).  When I click on
(for example) this link;
recvq/fax00014.tif (ftp://box.yadda.org:4559/recvq/fax00014.tif): my browser
opens and embeds a QuickTime logo center screen.  Clicking the QuickTime logo
Yields absolutely nothing.
-
NB: within windows-98; my file associations are as follows;
TIF file
extension    TIF
Content Type (MIME)
Open with    PHOTOSLE
-
TIF Image Document
extension    TIF
Content Type (MIME)    image/tiff
Open with    KODACKPRV
-
If I click on the bottom E-mail link = CommID:  c00000014
(ftp://box.yadda.org:4559/log/c00000014)
I receive an error_dialog_box stating the following;
"an error occurred opening the folder on the FTP server.  Make sure you have
permissions to access this folder.
Details:
550 /log/c00000014: Not a directory"

How to get the above and, all subsequent incoming faxes viewable/working -or- is
there a script to convert incoming faxes, then place converted results in the
body of the mail sent by 'faxrcvd'?  (without corrupting/deleting the files in
the recvq),  At this point, I would be elated just to view a fax. :-)

BTW; I don't use X-11 on FreeBSD hence, using those viewers requiring X-11 is
not an option.  My goal is to have a stable Fax-server on *nix, to log all my
communications via the telephone line and to view/print logs and such (faxes)
via the windows client.  HylaFAX seems to be able to facilitate my needs.

I hope i made sense Explaining this.