Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax errors

At 06:23 AM 5/21/01 -0700, Arvind Sharma wrote:
>Hi,
>I am running hylafax 4.1beta3 on redhat 6.1. I am
>encountering problems in that.
>A) While sending fax using "sendfax -n -d 5445618
>/root/arv.txt" then sometimes the fax goes smoothly
>and sometimes i receive either of the two errors
>1 : "Comrec Invalid command received on DIS or DTC"
>2 : "Ring detected without successful handshake"
>
>B) Also while receiving fax i get the error
>"Ring detected without successful handshake" and
>receive never worked.
>I am attaching the send.log,receive.log and
>config.ttyS0 files
>I want to know how to remove these errors.

These logs don't say much.  You need to turn up SessionTracing to 0xFFF in
your config file (restart faxgetty), we can't tell you much until we see
logs with that tracing level.  However, I can tell you that I use the same
modem in a system here and among all the time that I have used that modem I
have encountered four incompatibilites between remote systems.  In some
cases I get similar errors when trying to send, or trying to receive, or
both.  The solution has been to send the faxes through another modem.

>Help me with these
>Third thing is that how to reduce the time hylafax
>takes between two successive dialings.

Normally HylaFAX will only wait as long as it takes to reset the modem
in-between sending attempts... unless those attempts are to the same
location or communication is failing somehow on the previous attempt.
You'll need to review the JobReq* config options and do what is best for you.