Re: [hylafax-users] USR Sportster config

At 03:57 PM 5/8/01 -0400, Dave Wreski wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've had limited success with finding a working configuration file for a
>USR Sportster 33600/Fax EPROM V2.31 DSP 2.31 external and thought
>someone might have a working one they could forward on to me.

What's wrong with the ones provided in hylafax-4.1beta3 ?  They've worked
for every USR modem that I've tried.

>I understand Class 2 has been improved. It's been some time since I've
>had to configure HylaFAX, and as it turns out this time I'm also stuck
>with a USR. Is it still the case that:
>
>- Class 1 works best

Yes, especially for USR Sportster modems because of their firmware timing
problems that surface when using Class 2.0

>- flow control should be software (xonxoff)

rtscts or xonxoff, doesn't matter

>- they are expected to be unreliable

When in Class 1, not really - but not they're not the *best* modems that
I've ever used for faxing.