Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Error

* Lee Howard <faxguy@deanox.com> [20010427 18:18]: writing on the subject 'Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Error'
Lee> At 12:42 PM 4/27/01 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
Lee> >I upgraded recently to 4.1beta2_2 but now Hylafax doesnt start.
Lee> >
Lee> >I get the message
Lee> >
Lee> >Login Failed: 550 Cannot set privileges.
Lee> >
Lee> >How do I rectify this??
Lee>
Lee> You said HylaFAX doesn't start, but the error message looks like a failed
Lee> login.  Is this really the error message from the failed startup?  What
Lee> command do you give (or is being given) when this message occurs?
Lee>
Lee> Lee.

Hi Lee,
Sorry it is my English. I one of those moderately educated Africans ;-)
HylaFax does start...I can see faxq running.
The first time I bacame aware of this message was from an e-mail to the
user faxmaster. So I decided to verify that the server was running okay
and the test I did also yielded the same.

[snip]

wash:~$ uname -nsr
FreeBSD everest.wananchi.com 4.3-STABLE
wash:~$ faxstat -s
Login failed: 550 Cannot set privileges.
wash:~$

I am sure I am missing something slight???

TIA

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Wananchi Online Ltd.,
wash@wananchi.com 1st Flr Loita Hse

Am I ranting?  I hope so.  My ranting gets raves.