Re: [hylafax-users] Firewall problems.

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 06:56:08PM -0400, Kevin B. Payne wrote:
>     Since installing this version of Hylafax I can NO LONGER
>     connect to ANY Internet gaming service via my standard internet
>     connection, including standard - standalone peer to peer gaming of
>     ANY type. Other services that are no longer working are 1: MPlayer
>     { Although that has now completely migrated to Gamespy} ), Gamespy
>     as just mentioned, and MSN Gaming Zone.... I have no idea of the
>     possible cause of this, I have checked all the Windows machines on
>     this Network for unusual behavior. None of which could connect to
>     ANY of these services. The only software installed on my Linux ICS
>     ( Internet Connection Sharing ) box in the past 6 months is this
>     Hylafax software which is why I'm sure that Hylafax is at fault on
>     this one.

Hmmm...

Internet Connection Sharing is a *Windows 98* keyword.  Should I assume
that that's *not* really what you mean: that your Linux box is merely a
firewall and maybe a NAT box?

>     Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how to completely restore
> my previous setup prior to compiling and installing this Hylafax
> software?

Well, you know, I'm not sure that your induction follows, since I can't
think of anything in particular that HylaFAX might do that would break
anything else you're doing.

If you installed from an RPM, you can simply rpm -e the package -- this
is, BTW, the reason *why* we suggest that people who can install from
an RPM do so.

If not... Hmmm... is there a target in the makefile to do an uninstall,
Lee?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink