Re: [hylafax-users] additions to libtiff thread

At 09:34 AM 4/6/01 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 09:34:53AM +0200, LAZAR Imre wrote:
>> HylaFAX recommends the 3.4 libtiff.
>> For beta3 you can use the 3.5, but I not recommend.
>
>For beta3, you *must* use 3.5.5 or greater, or play manual monkey
>games.  I *think* this was true also of at least beta2 and maybe beta1,
>neither of which anyone should be installing new at this point.

Only the binaries have a specific libtiff requirement in 4.1beta3.  Prior
to 4.1beta3, *source installs* needed libtiff-3.4 unless patched.  There
were a large number of binaries made in 4.1beta2 days from CVS source that
require libtiff-3.5.  4.1beta1 binaries require libtiff-3.4.

My point being that Robert did a wonderful job on his HylaFAX tiff update,
present in 4.1beta3, and it will support either libtiff-3.4 or 3.5 if
you're doing the compile.  If you use pre-compiled binaries, then you have
to use what the packager uses.