Re: [hylafax-users] Multimodem

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 06:35:50PM -0600, Mariana Presuel wrote:
> Perdonen que escriba en español pero se que varias personas me entienden y
> es que mi ingles es muy malo.

You've stayed close enough to cognates that my 8th grade spanish 20
years ago may be good enough.  Hopefully, you'll be able to read my
English.  I can always receive better than I can transmit...

> Tengo problemas configurando una tarjeta multimodem de 8 puertos, ya seguí
> todos los pasos  que me indica el instructivo para configurar el driver pero
> algo me esta haciendo falta, cuando le digo que me liste los modulos me
> despliega el de la equinox pero como si no estuviera en uso:

You're using an 8-port equinox modem card, and you think it's showing
as not in use?  Oh.  The serial driver.

> bash-2.03# lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
> rtl8139                12320   1  (autoclean)
> serial                 42932   0  (autoclean)
> eqnx                  296896   1
> memstat                 1604   0  (unused)

The module "serial", I'm pretty sure, is a driver for *the standard
serial ports*.  Your equinoxes are handled by eqnx, I think, which is
being used.

> Despues cuando le digo que me muestre la lista de los PCI, si me reconoce la
> tarjeta pero como si el driver no estuviera instalado vean:
>
> bash-2.03# lspci
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C691 [Apollo PRO] (rev 44)
> 00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C598 [Apollo MVP3 AGP]
> 00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 0686 (rev 1b)
> 00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586 IDE [Apollo] (rev 06)
> 00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586B USB (rev 0e)
> 00:07.4 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3057 (rev 20)
> 00:08.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RT8139 (rev 10)
> 00:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: OPTi Inc.: Unknown device c935 (rev 10)
> 00:0b.0 Serial controller: Equinox Systems, Inc.: Unknown device 9898 (rev
> 04)
> 00:0c.0 VGA compatible controller: Trident Microsystems TGUI 9660/968x/968x
> (rev d3)
> bash-2.03#

Looks like it's seeing the card to me...

> Y cuando configuro el puerto en ttyQ1a1 con faxaddmodem si me deja y
> aparemente hylafax esta corriendo bien, pero cuando envio un documento no lo
> manda y si le pongo faxstat -d me marca un error pero si ven si me reconoce
> el modem.
>
> bash-2.03# faxstat -d
> HylaFAX scheduler on linux.local: Running
> Modem ttyQ1a1 (+52.9.8816071): Running and idle
>
> JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
> 1    127 D   root 98816090      0:0   0:12         Error: /undefined in to\
[...]
> Les agradezco su ayuda de antemano, GRACIAS.

It looks to me as if your problem is that the outgoing fax jobs are
dying in GhostScript, very likely due to a mismatch between the
PostScript driver and GhostScript itself, or between the faxcover.ps
file and the coverpg program.

It occurs to me that I should have pasted the message into Babelfish...
which I would go do now except that my mouse buttons are broken from
the orange soda I spilled in the laptop last week.  :-{

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink