Re: [hylafax-users] Hylfax pop3 email to fax

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 04:26:43PM +0100, Schiltz Luc wrote:
> I've found your email address on the webpage of hylfax in relation with
> email2fax

Not sure why, but ok... :-)

> do you know how to configure hylfax to retrieve email via pop3 on an
> external server and then fax it to a number which is associated with
> this email address ? or do you know any programm which is able to
> handle this ?

Hmmm... I suspect the easiest way to handle this would be to use
fetchmail to retrieve the mail from the popbox, have it hand off to
procmail, and teach procmail to forward the messages in question to the
mail2fax gateway.  It's fairly straightforward, but there will be a
*lot* of fiddling details.

Is that enough hint, or do you need more details?

(Oh, and if you get it working, write up an application note for us.  :-)

Cheers,
- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink