Re: [hylafax-users] sendfax hangs w/: rule: offset 0 string -- failed (comparison)

At 12:38 PM 2/22/01 -0600, Richad Reina wrote:
>I promise I did search the archives on this.  I actually found where a
>user had the same problem but I could not find an archive on how to
>solve it.   Thanks to Lee and Darren for helping me get past my original
>install problem.  Now I am affraid that I am stuck here.
>
>[richard@lowlyfollower hylafax-4.1beta2]$ sendfax -v -n -D -d 3460375
>testpage
>match against (..., 106)
>
>rule: offset 0 short = 0x4d4d -- failed (comparison)
>rule: offset 0 string = "P6" -- failed (comparison)
>rule: offset 0 string = "WNGZWZSS" -- failed (comparison)
>rule: offset 0 string = "#Inventor V" -- failed (comparison)
>rule: offset 0 ascii = -- success (result postscript, rule "%F/textfmt
>-B -f Courier-Bold -Ml=0.4in -p 11 -s %s >%o <%i")
>CONVERT "/usr/sbin/textfmt -B -f Courier-Bold -Ml=0.4in -p 11 -s default
>>/tmp//sndfax5tL9Wx <testpage"
>Apply DisplayNumber rules to "3460375"
>--> return result "3460375"

All of those failed comparisons are normal.  Remember that you've selected
"verbose" output, so those aren't errors, they're just comparison results
in trying to determine the conversion method for your document.  And if it
hangs when trying to convert your document, I'd bet that you have a libtiff
problem.  So, if you're using libtiff 3.4 upgrade to libtiff 3.5.  If
you're using libtiff 3.5, then (first uninstall the RPM if you used an RPM)
reinstall with hylafax-4.1beta3.