Re: [hylafax-users] Fresh system admin needs help - RH 6.2 + Hylafax-4.1beta2-8rh6.i386.rpm

Hi Giulio,

Thanks for the corrections. Yes it worked fine now. After re-installing libtiff I was
able to run faxsetup smoothly. However, I few questions here...

Faxsetup couldn't find egetty and vgetty. Since I'm going to use Hylafax in a send-only
environment as mail-to-fax, is this then important or can I just leave it as it is?

Faxsetup tells me to make a link from /var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax to
/var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax.gs. Is this then (forgive me for asking...) ln -s
/var/spool/.../ps2fax.gs /var/spool/.../ps2fax, or is it the other way around? And do I
need to do this aswell for a send-only environment?

During modem installation I was asked for the modem port. I choose cua0 (my com1 port).
Setup managed to do the speed test, so I can assume that this was correct. However, the
mailing archive talks about ttySx. Can I use cua0?

We have no area codes nor longdistance codes in Norway. Trying to enter a space was not
accepted. Can I edit the neccesery conf.files and erase the content of those codes, or
does the software need to have area and londist. codes.

Howto 2.2.4 tells me to add a line m0:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttySx to
/etc/inittab, and to run ntsysv. Does this apply as well for the send-only environment?

Many thanks again all you guys for your replies.

--
Med vennlig hilsen,
Kind Regards,

Aasterud WebCom
Harry M. Aasterud      Tel.: +47 / 74 16 11 42
Utvik                  Faks: +47 / 74 16 11 43
NO-7730 Beitstad       http://www.aasterudweb.com
Norge - Norway

the system manager.

Aasterud WebCom for the presence of computer viruses.