Re: [hylafax-users] WHFC and legal paper

Tony,

> However, perhaps it is a more fundamental question
> that I have. I lost my book on postscript years ago
> (before I ever read it even :-).  Does the postscript
> code from a print job contain the size the page is
> supposed to be?  That is, can I figure out the page
> size from the PS, instead of calling gs with a fixed
> paper (in ps2fax) figure out the bounding size and
> then call gs?  Or does postscript language not have
> the page size definition in it?

I checked some PS files and found this:

	%%BeginFeature: *PageSize A4
	a4
	%%EndFeature

or
	%%BeginFeature: *PageSize A4
	   2 dict dup /PageSize [595 842] put dup /ImagingBBox null put
setpagedevice
	%%EndFeature

or
	%%BeginFeature: *PageSize Letter
	letter
	%%EndFeature

depending on driver/settings:
PS-Adobe-3.1 - first example
PS-Adobe-3.0 - second example
PS-Adobe-3.1 - third example

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Bodo

Bodo Noering Consulting
Zur Alten Faehre 23 · D-45219 Essen
Phone +49-2054-971790 · Fax +49-2054-971791
bn@urania.com · http://www.urania.com