Re: [hylafax-users] WHFC and legal paper

Dear Tony,

> 3.  Re-fax the .ps document from doneq by typing:
> usr/local/bin/sendfax -n -s us-leg -d 7138446527
> /var/spool/fax/docq/doc43.ps
> on the fax server and WALLA!!!! - fax received on us-legal  :-)
> So, where am I going wrong?  Or is it, as I suspect, WHFC?

AFAIK, you can only choose between A4 and letter in WHFC.
WHFC might submit the page size while sending a job to HylaFAX.
That's what Cypheus does.

BTW: Cypheus doesn't support legal at the moment, too. I will fix it
ASAP.

> If it is, should I try CYPHEUS?  The problem I initially had
> with Cypheus was all the additional software I would need to
> install on all my client workstations (we use Acrobat 3.2,
> no GS, & have no idea about MDAC components (part of NT 4
> SP 3?)). Can it run without all that stuff?

MDAC = Microsoft Data Access Components
Yes, you need this. Cypheus will not run without MDAC.
But, good news, you don't need to install GS manually. I'm working
on a new setup, which includes some GS files Cypheus needs. So there
will be only two steps to get Cypheus running. You can run MDAC and
Cypheus setup from a server volume, too.

I will publish the next release of Cypheus at next Monday.

Best Regards
Bodo

Bodo Noering Consulting
Zur Alten Faehre 23 · D-45219 Essen
Phone +49-2054-971790 · Fax +49-2054-971791
bn@urania.com · http://www.urania.com