Re: [hylafax-users] Newbie question

At 06:33 PM 2/7/01 -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 06:03:25PM -0500, Jeff Herring wrote:
>> Now if someone could decipher the HOWTO and show me how to set up a
>> filter to convert from PCL to PS...

>Lee, if the HOWTO isn't clear on this, you're welcome to add that write
>up to it.  :-)

I that Jeff was referring to the IFHP HOWTO document and not the HylaFAX
HOWTO.  I don't mention anything about imagetype conversion in the HylaFAX
HOWTO.

But as for IFHP's ability to convert PCL to PS... according to the
documentation it certainly does do it.  The trick is that it's intended for
a printer, via printcap, and so the trick is to set up a printer in such a
fashion that IFHP knows to convert incoming PCL to PS and catching the
output.  The IFHP HOWTO document does not document this (as it's not the
purpose of IFHP to be a imagetype conversion program but a printing
conversion system).