Re: [hylafax-users] Newbie question

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 06:03:25PM -0500, Jeff Herring wrote:
> Now if someone could decipher the HOWTO and show me how to set up a
> filter to convert from PCL to PS...

<ahem>

There is not currently any known reliable way to send faxes from HP PCL
original print files.  Three conversion programs which sound like they
ought to fix this problem exist, but none has been implemented yet by
anyone and gotten to work.

There is also a ($1000+) commercial PCL interpreter which may fit in
this space, but that hasn't been tested either.

Lee, if the HOWTO isn't clear on this, you're welcome to add that write
up to it.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink