Re: [hylafax-users] remote gets ok - but we reject the page

On Tue, 06 Feb 2001 13:11:22 -0800, you wrote:

>page was empty, so the remote sender thought everything was ok, and we
>did not print anything.  i understand why we reject a page, and the

>Jan 31 12:11:40.53: [18359]: RECV: REJECT page quality, 90% good lines
>(95% required)
>Jan 31 12:11:40.53: [18359]: RECV send RTN (retrain negative)
It seems HylaFAX issued RTN and the remote end ignored it.

HylaFAX too, latest CVS, can be configured to ignore remote RTNs.
The spec says you should retry when you receive an RTN, but it's a
common practice to "ignore" RTNs.

When HylaFAX did not ignore remote RTNs, it would send the same page
over and over again.

The same would happen to the remote fax machines that are sending faxes
to you: they would start resending the same page to your HylaFAX
machines, that would keep saying "resend me the page".

So, try lowering the % of good lines so that your HylaFAX won't issue
RTN.

--
giulioo@pobox.com