Re: [hylafax-users] Newbie question

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 07:56:04PM -0500, Jeff Herring wrote:
> The evil LAB system is designed to interface to PCL printers at remote
> locations that are called via a MODEM. i.e. The LAB system uses a MODEM
> to call another MODEM which has a PCL printer attached to it.
> After connecting the programmer does the following...
> 1) - sends PCL Macro (argh!) to set up page overlay
> 2) - sends PCL
> 3) - sends PCL use Macro (to overlay)
> 4) - sends page eject (prints page)
> 5) - goto 2) if more pages...

Icky *poo*.

Ah, legacy systems.

> I managed to get hp2pbm to compile on my RH 7 system however, I can't seem
> to convert the pbm to anything that sendfax likes.

Does hp2 error out?  Can you look at the PBM files with some viewer,
and if so, are the correct and complete?

Did you realize that you can't feed a PBM file directly into sendfax,
you have to convert it to something sendfax understands first?  :-)

> I would be happy to distill the 47 little sticky notes on the wall to
> something intelligent when I'm satisfied that it is actually working.

Cool.

> Yes...I've even got it to send PDF files, however a couple of my examples
> blew up with stack underflow messages...I'll look into that when I
> get further along.

May be your GS; you posted the version, but I've clipped it.

Cheers,
-- jra`
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink