Re: [hylafax-users] new HylaFax protocol

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 06:25:22PM +0100, CAmel wrote:
> can anybody tell me where to find some documentation of the "new
> hylafax-protocol" (I mean V4.x).

No.

:-)

> I'd like to write a new Win-client but don't really know where to find
> this specific docs.!

You go boy...  :-)  There was supposed to be an RFC-like document
writetn on that at some point, but it never quite happened.  It's
*almost* FTP protocol, with two channels and all, and if you do a
sendfax -vv on the unix client and capture the output, you'd be pretty
close.

The hfaxd man page lists the available commands.

I've always been *just about* to get around to writing that document
but never understood it well enough myself.  Inasmuch as I'm now a)
self-employed and b) wired at home again, if you'd like to collaborate
on that, I'd be happy to work with you on it.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink