Re: [hylafax-users] "Simple" (I hope) send problem

At 11:20 AM 1/10/01 -0000, Richard Jamieson wrote:
>Thanks Lee
>
>I started up faxgetty (/opt/HylaFax/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/cua/b) and faxstat
>now shows:
>	HylaFAX scheduler on solar: Running
>	Modem cua/b (1111111111111111): Running and idle
>
>Im using version 4.1 beta 2 - latest version.
>Im running on Solaris-8(sparc).

Last I heard, HylaFAX-CVS worked on Solaris.  Try out CVS (will eliminate
all known problems from the possibilities).  See:

http://www.hylafax.org/cvs.php

>Im still getting the same error - and no extra messages.
>
>Any ideas ?
>
>Is there no way I can trace whats going on, to help me find out at which
>point the failure occurs ?
>Are there any other commands I can try ? log files to check ?
>flags/parameters to change ?

Yes, use the -v option from sendfax.

       -v          Print information on the standard output about
                   each conversion  and  cover  sheet  generation
                   operation  it does.  If -v is specified twice,
                   the protocol between  sendfax  and  the  hfaxd
                   server  process  that does the submission work
                   on the remote machine is also displayed.

try:
# sendfax -N -v -d 5555555 /etc/group

(By the way, options only apply to a particular fax send if they *precede*
the -d option.  I don't know if it's important, though, in the case of -N
or -v.)