Re: [hylafax-users] "Simple" (I hope) send problem

Hmm - Not so simple after all.

Installed CVS and loaded up latest version  - all went smoothly.

But... Im still getting the same errors :(

I run "sendfax -N -v -d 5555555 /etc/group" then I see that
/var/adm/messages shows:
"Jan 10 23:08:13 solar FaxQueuer[11167]: [ID 646984 daemon.error] JOB 5:
Send program terminated abnormally with exit status 0x9"

I think (hunch/guess really) the key message show by truss on faxq is this
extract..
lseek(6, 0, SEEK_SET)                           = 0
write(6, " t t s : 9 7 9 1 6 8 0 9".., 672)     = 672
fcntl(6, F_FREESP, 0xFFBEE694)                  = 0
close(6)                                        = 0
close(6)                                        Err#9 EBADF

Im guessing that the "Err#9 EBADF" relates to the "exit status 0x9" - hence
"fcntl" command ???
What do you recon ?

Anyways Solaris-8 docs (extract) say...
"The fcntl() function provides for control over open files. The fildes
argument is an open file descriptor.

The fcntl() function may take a third argument, arg, whose data type, value
and use depend upon the value of cmd. The cmd argument specifies the
operation to be performed by fcntl().

The fcntl() function will fail if:
EBADF: The cmd argument is F_FREESP and fildes is not a valid file
descriptor open for writing."

So - looks like something wrong with file descriptor ?
As I say, Im not a programmer , so this could be load of bull.
This is as far as I can go now.

ANY ideas on where I go from here ??

Will put up another post asking if anyone has managed to get HylaFAX working
on Solaris-8.

RichJ